Saturday, January 1, 2011

Put Up or Shut Up

I've liked this daily bit of writing over the last month for #reverb10, and there are still a few days left for Holidailies.  Even though I was bugged by how the prompts for #reverb10 seemed repetitive, I had some fun moments, especially early on.  I will not be keeping up with daily blogging, but it's been nice to do it for a month.  I wrote more this past month than I have in a year.  That's sad.  I'm a firm believer in how blogging is where we can slow down and think, but I, too, have gotten caught up in the quickness of Twitter and Facebook.  I wonder how many words a day I actually write?

At any rate, this blogging has coincided with other writing.  I've done more this break than any other winter break.  Actually, the fifteen pages I have written for an article I'm writing is pretty amazing, to me.  Some people do it all the time, but I don't.  And even though I've been feeling good, I looked at the calendar today and panicked a bit.  Lots of deadlines, but I'm ahead of the game in a lot of ways.  My winter class starts on Monday, which sucks in that I will have to get up early daily for the next couple of weeks, but the money is nice especially since the teaching is easy, being the fourth time I've taught this winter class.  And I chose the early slot rather than the afternoon because this does give me the rest of the day to work.  It's still over two weeks before spring classes start.

I've spent the last month doing all this talk about what I want these next few months to be.  What's the cliche?  Put up or shut up.  It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment