Saturday, November 8, 2008

Off to Equus

Tomorrow, I'm off to NYC for the day to see Equus. Yes, I am going to see Harry Potter's penis, which is the one thing people mention when I tell them I've been planning to see the play for months. Anyone who knows anything about my dating history knows that I have no interest in seeing Daniel Radcliffe naked. I've loved the play since I read it in college. And see Kate Mulgrew is going to be kind of cool, too! I'm planning to stay the night with a friend of mine. I'll hit NYU on Monday.

Today was a rainy day, which I love. I didn't have anything huge to do. Well, I don't have anything huge that has to get done now. So I spent the day on those little things. The crap on the desk was getting unruly. Now I can see the surface again. I put some things away that had been sitting out for a while and just got some more order around here, which was more important for psychological reasons than anything else.

After this trip, the focus is on finishing the semester. We're already reading the last book in one class taking the last quiz on Tuesday. After that, it's about the final projects and workshops for those. We're going to Texas a bit later this year, which is kind of nice. We were saying today that we can enjoy putting up the decorations this year since we'll be around. We haven't done the tree in year. We might even have a holiday party like we did in Ohio.

But I'm not going to think too much about what has to get done by then, or I'll start to freak. And I'd rather watch a play about a pathological sexual fascination with horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment