Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jodi Picoult's Novels

If anyone is in the Farmington, CT, area on Thursday, come on over to the library at 7:00 PM when I'll be leading a discussion of Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes. It's part of a series. On November 19, we'll be talking about Picoult's The Pact, and we'll tackle My Sister's Keeper on December 10. I don't read a lot of fiction anymore. When I have time to read, I want to pick up a memoir or theoretical text since I can usually see the benefit of giving it my time more easily. But I'm finding a lot about Nineteen Minutes pretty compelling so far.

If you aren't anywhere near CT but know the novels, I'd love to hear what you think. Anything I should raise in my discussions? Any thoughts on the books at all? I like leading discussions at area libraries. Usually, all I have to do is ask what people think of the major characters, and everything tends to fall into place from there. These are people who fully choose to be there, and they usually have a thing or two to say; some always have more than that, too. Post-tenure, leading these discussions is one of the things I've been wanting to do more of.

But I'd love any thoughts about Picoult if anyone has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment