Monday, April 30, 2012

A Quick Trip into NYC: A Collage

I wanted to see the Cindy Sherman exhibit at MOMA, and Priceline can lead to a great, cheap hotel room before tourist season.  I also liked the chance to get away from working, even on my sabbatical.  Though I check into Foursquare and GetGlue when I travel, I don't necessarily check email, Facebook, or Twitter.  I do other things.  Here's evidence.

Houston Street, NYC

I love storefronts at night.

Tulips

Flowers are blooming.

MOMA Sculpture Garden

I love a good sculpture garden, too.


I heard this song for the first time last night, downloaded it, and listened to it on repeat.

And Cindy Sherman?  Absolutely stunning.  Yes, you can see her photography online everywhere, but it's very different seeing it as she intended it, as large or small.  Her career parallels the feminist movement from the 1970s to today in fascinating ways.  As I said on Twitter, I might be prepared to argue she is the most amazing living artist still working today.

No comments:

Post a Comment