Monday, December 14, 2009

Print will die! Yea! Print will die! Oh, no!

I know I better watch it or this blog along with my Facebook and Twitter updates will make me look like a somewhat younger but just as grumpy Andy Rooney. But, frankly, I wish the people who are already cheering the death of print and the people who are prostrating themselves over said death would both get over it. Print may be "dead" at some point, but it's not happening anytime soon. There will be a gradual transition, I'm sure. At the same time, print may not exist or be used as it's currently being used in the same ways within a few decades. But the transition will again be gradual, and we'll all learn to adjust.

Whatever happens to print will happen over time, and we'll adapt accordingly in the same ways we've learned to adapt to other changes in digital technology. I'm not sure what there is to cheer or complain about.

Except for complaining about those who cheer and those who complain, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment